Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Is it worth the risk?

What part of your dream feels the riskiest? Have you ever had people misunderstand or disagree with your dream? What do you do when your dream is scary or when others don’t support you?

The biggest risk of this journey of my God-sized dream was putting this out here for all to see! To share my heart and thoughts where they weren't able to be hidden in what my sweet husband calls "Maggie speak". This language is the one where I quickly weigh what I think the recipient wants to hear, and that is what I say! Since I can't weigh what all of you want to hear at once, I simply share what I long to say. You all have made it so much easier to state what is in my heart, as each of you is doing the same thing. Each time I read more of each of your lives and how you are on this journey with me gives me the freedom of speaking the "real" truth and putting the "Maggie speak" away for good.

You know the next part of the question for this week is probably the biggest shock of all. At least it was to me as I pondered it. I think the only one that has disagreed with my dream is ME. I was so sure at the beginning of this journey that I didn't have a dream or that I didn't dream any more. Then as I began to pray and see if there even was a dream for me, I was encouraged by so many of you and my sweet encourager I began to have that bud of a new dream. As quickly as it came the disagreement started within me. I was too old to dream, not able to accomplish things with the state of this body! All that silly stuff we tell ourselves {at least I tell myself silly stuff} when doubt creeps in.

As to the last part of this very thought provoking part of this week's blog, is how do I handle all of the above. I have found that sitting down and talking with the One that has given me this dream in the first place is such a wonderful place to start. I don't know if you have ever heard the song about this person going to a garden and taking a walk with God or not but it has such a vivid picture for me. To be in such a quiet, beautiful garden. There's a bench where it is perfect for two people to sit and enjoy the beauty, enjoy the sweet smell of the roses, and enjoy the companionship of the One who is always with you. I share my fears, my heartaches, and the successes that only He has made possible. He puts his arm on the back of the bench and whispers in my ear that He will never leave me or let me travel this path alone. I am filled with expectation and ready to face anything the day has to offer. It doesn't seem to matter who else is for me or against me just knowing that He is for me is enough!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm next to you at Holley's place. I love that you will face each day without any care of the opinion of others. Your focus is on the Lord Only! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, I am still working on this.

      Delete
  2. It is so awesome that you found and are sharing your voice, YOU. That is an amazing gift to give. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you in that I'm my biggest critic, too. I've found through this journey that sharing my heart and finding the bravery to dream have brought more blessings than I ever could have imagined. And I totally agree with my friend, Mandy...your voice is needed and is an amazing gift to us all. :) Keep talking to Him, keep walking this dreaming path with Him. Bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel you are such and encouragement to me with your kind words. I am so thankful that God has placed me right here in the middle of such awesome sister!

      Delete
  4. I too am my biggest critic. I have really struggled to find my voice not just a voice. Glad you have your "Maggie speak" it seem to be a beautiful language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy it seems we are all the same in this. Keep using that voice which is strictly YOURS!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!