Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Surprise!!!!

Where we live right now it hardly ever rains. When it does there seems to be about 4 drops and the sun comes out again. Well, we were in for a surprise last Saturday. It was like the cloud above us was somehow anchored right over our home and it stayed there and poured down every drop of rain in the storehouse.

The area I live in was so taken back with this new development that even the power went out for about 2 hours! So with little to do and nowhere to go my husband and I decided to take a nap. We woke to find it still raining but to our surprise as we looked out the window there was a mudslide headed straight for us. {nothing like those of CA mind you but just the same it was pretty ugly} As I looked out it was like caramel icing that wasn't thick enough to spread and it was oozing all around out home. We looked up to see where the "leak" had started. The berm made of rocks of all sizes had been broken through and the water and mud were pouring through the break and heading our way.

We ended up with about 4 inches of mud. Have you ever tried to walk in mud? {maybe when you were a child with bare feet. I am not a child and bare feet were the last thing on my mind.} Well we needed to get to church so we donned our winter shoes {spring shoes don't have high sides} and stood with the door open and tried to make our feet go down the stairs into the awaiting goo. With trash bag in hand and a change of shoes in the bag, we made it to the truck did a quick-o-change-o thing. Good thing for the plastic bag as the mud was like concrete and our shoes were encased in the muck. { if we didn't walk quick enough we could still be standing in the drive!}

When we returned home the area had been backhoed out but now in its place was a hard layer of mud. {used to be stones but they are all at our neighbors now}  We didn't need the winter shoes, we were able to walk right on top of this hard mud. It was a little dusty but it held us up just fine.

I got to thinking about times in my life when "surprises" arrived. Like when my husband's blood work sent us to an oncologist, or a family member suddenly became very ill. Just like that oozing mud headed straight for us. However, just as the mud was backhoed and we were able to stand on the hardened mud so are we able to stand on the words that God tells us over and over again. Words like,
"I see that the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken for he is right beside me." Acts 2:25 or "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I pray your next "surprise" is a good one, but if it's not then turn to the words that will set your feet on the Rock.



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful reminder and I love how you used the mud as a good example. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!