Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Are They Gone?

Don't you just love small children and their honesty? Don't ask them a loaded question unless you want to hear the truth!

My daughter bought me a cream for DEFYING wrinkles for Christmas. It was more for the moisture and the lovely feel on my dry skin that I was using it.

One morning as I was getting ready for the day and my 5 year old granddaughter waltzed into the bathroom and asked what I was doing. I said I was putting on the cream that her mommy had given me to get rid of my wrinkles. "Oh", she said. I asked her if she would like some. "Yes". So I put a small dollop on each cheek. As she watched me rub  mine in she wanted to make sure she was doing it properly. "Like this Nana?" I told her "Perfect." As she finished she said, "Are my wrinkles gone?" I had to chuckle but told her yes she looked gorgeous! She smiled. I thought I would have a little fun. So I asked her, "Are my wrinkles gone?" [now my face and the Grand Canyon have some things in common.] As she looked at me she tilted her head to one side and her little face kind of puckered up and she said, "Well, it  might take a little while for it to work on you!"
I was able to start the day with a chuckle. How awesome is that.

I am sure that a few years ago that would have sent me into a tail spin of sorrow. Not only did my face have wrinkles, but a 5 year old had spotted them! However, as I am growing closer to Christ and realize He has made me just the way I am, wrinkles and all. He is changing me from the inside out. I am not so worried about the outside packaging as I am about the inside reality of me.
1 Peter 3:3-4
 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
 
As I read this verse the words that catch my eye are these, great worth in God’s sight. That is the kind of beauty I want, unfading and of great worth. It is God who is adding the "defying cream" to me. He is changing me from the inside out. I don't have to use creams or a mud pack, I just need to do the best I can with the outside while God is doing His best on the part that counts, the inside. We can stop trying to be "perfect", in my case at least , that is never going to take place here on earth. We can allow God to make us of "great worth in His sight.
http://holleygerth.com/lovednomatterwhat/
http://holleygerth.com/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!