Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Sweet Friend

Our blog for this week is Write a letter of encouragement to another dreamer in your life.

My dearest friend Anita,
I can't tell you how much I miss you and how your life speaks to me. I can still remember the first time we met, I was not sure we were in the right place but God sent you straight to us and you sat down and welcomed us and then proceeded to want to know, really know about us. I will always remember your sweet and kind ways. You didn't stop there you became my dearest friend.

I had so many walls of protection built around me that it was a fortress. You very gently and persistently helped me remove the walls ,brick by brick, so that I was allowed to be the real me with you. I didn't have to worry about what I said, or go home a fret about our conversation, did I say too much, did I reveal too much, how will she take the words I said. Nope, you gave me the freedom to be the real me! What a new and refreshing experience for me. A bit scary but wonderful. Now I don't think there is anything I can't tell you or share my deepest fears, hurts, or dreams.

You are such a Barnabus! {His name even means encourager.} You are a God-sized dreamer yourself. Your desire to reach out to other women that are hurting or alone is just awesome. I know that the women in your group are blessed just as I was. You make it so easy to talk to you. You are not judging them but hearing their hearts. You understand the hurts and the loneliness they are going through and you aren't afraid to share your heart with them. I know you couldn't do the things you do alone, but you see, God shines through you so brightly that we can't miss it.

You are the skin that shows us what our Father is like. You are the arms that surround us when we hurt or the listening ear that is so needed to tell all our woes to. God has used you so greatly in my life. You have given me verses from the Bible so often that are just perfect to my longing heart. You continually make me want to give to others what you have given to me, that longing to fall in love with my Savior and share Him with all I meet and sharing those special verses that seem to be perfect in times of pain and fear.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and praise to God for placing you in my life. I will meet you at our "table".

8 comments:

  1. Anita sounds like a great friend. The kind we all need in our lives. How blessed you are to find someone that you can be real with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is truly one of a kind. I am so blessed to know her.

      Delete
  2. What a gift to have a friend like Anita. Having that kind of friend...the one who loves, accepts and encourages us just as we are...is a rare treasure. Thank you for sharing today! Blessings on your week, sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words and blessings. She is a rare treasure

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful letter sister dreamer. Thank you for giving us a portrait of a woman who dreams God's dream, as she reaches out to you and others with His love!
    Loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita is a portrait of a woman that shares God's dream for me and dreams for others as well. Thanks for continuing on with me!

      Delete
  4. If we could all have a friend like your Anita. Thank you for sharing your friendship with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is so faithful to supply our needs and Anita was just one need He has supplied for me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!