Monday, July 15, 2013

Know Your Heritage

I have been wondering lately about the Promises of God. There are songs about them, "Just Hold on to the Promises" one singer so eloquently sings. But do I really know what they are? How many are there? How do I find them? Are they mine or just for some people?

I have accepted Christ as my Savior, so the Bible tells me that there are some things that God has promised to me. How could I have lived so many years being in God's family and not know what my heritage is? Well, I am not going to let another second go by without searching out who I am and what it means to be in God's family.

 It seems that so many people are so interested in their family tree. There are websites, books, how-to's, to find out who we are, where we came from and what it means to be in that particular family.{just as the McClan clan can not be a part of the Moon family and share all the same heritage with them we too must first go to God and accept Him as our Savior or these promises don't belong to us.} So to there are things that we have been promised from God when we are accepted into His family. So please come along with me and see just what we are promised, all of us have the rights to these promises!


When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior we were given a heritage, we became a Child of God!
 
Galatians 3:26-29
     26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
 
Did you know you are a Child of God? Have you thought about what that means? We are royalty because God is King of kings. We are of great worth. Don't ever think you are a nobody or a nothing. We have this promise from God the Creator of the universe, the One that never lies. He is the only one that can say and keep this promise. What a great way to start to search out who I am in Christ, what a beginning to our heritage. We belong! We are in the family of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!