Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Unique

I think sometimes we need to be reminded of just how unique and special each one of us is. We are bombarded with what we should look like, smell like, and behave like that we forget who we are. It seems that we are not to look our age as wrinkles are out. [have you seen the aisle that has all those regenerative lotions in it?] Your teeth need to be whiter so now the toothpaste aisle is overflowing with tubes that claim whiter brighter teeth! Don't even get me started on the diet selection that is available now. Belly fat, body fat, who knew there was so much fat to worry about!

I am all for personal hygiene but things are so out of hand and why? So we can look like the women on the magazine? Why are they the women we should seek to be like? We were each created by God. I don't think He created one and said "oops that doesn't look too good, or yikes that is a mistake!" No, God said that his creation of man and woman was "very good". There are so many verses in the Bible that tell us Who created each of us and why. In Jeremiah 1:5 it says, "I knew you before you were born and I designed YOU for MY purpose." How about Psalm 119:73 "I created YOU with My own hands," This one is very special, 2 Samuel 22:20, "He brought me {you} out into a spacious place, He rescued me because He DELIGHTED in me {you}" I have added the caps so you wouldn't miss what it says. God the created of all things delights in YOU. Just think about that for a moment. He doesn't think you need to look like anyone but you, and on top of that He delights in you.

I heard a pastor say  that "there is no win in comparison". We are not to compare our skills, our looks, our finances, anything to anyone else. Yes, we need to look our best, and be our best but we need to check to see who we are doing all this for. Not to impress the neighbor or anyone other that our Creator. Since He delights in you shouldn't you delight in being you? You are one of a kind, carefully and wonderfully made.
http://holleygerth.com/youre-braver-realize/
 


1 comment:

  1. "In Jeremiah 1:5 it says, 'I knew you before you were born and I designed YOU for MY purpose.' " Wow, what a verse! Thank you for helping us remember our uniqueness in God, especially in a society that seems to expect conformity. God constantly reminds me to "just be me" and fight against comparison :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!