Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Need a Reminder?

This is the time of year that everyone is talking about giving thanks. We are given ideas on what to be thankful for. I wonder if that means we don't give thanks enough?

I receive a few devotions through my email and they are reminding me to be thankful for family. Well, this has been a very trying time with family. I am sure you could relate. Kids are screwed into the ceiling about now with all the "things" they would like to receive. Tempers are gearing up for the holiday spirit. Faces you pass are weary already. You have seen and heard them in the grocery stores.
I am thankful for family, even through the trying times as well as the good times, as I am sure you are if you look past the hype.

We are told to be thankful for warm homes and food on the table. I know we are all thankful for that and don't have to be reminded. As we smell the turkey cooking and pies baking how could we forget to be thankful for that? Right?

But what about things like the love your see in your grandchild's eyes just there for You? Are you thankful for that? You bet you are! How about times shared with a spouse or calls from someone you haven't seen in a while. What about a text that tells you they miss and love you? Wow those are special things to give thanks for.

What about eyes to see the snow falling so white and silent, or ears to hear the sound of children laughing with their parents? How about a God that loves you so very much He couldn't stand to be separated from you so He sent His very own child to bring you to Himself. Now there is something to be thankful about for eternity! I know if we take just a moment from our harried schedule we have so very much to be thankful for that is not just rote reply.

I guess this is another reminder to give thanks, we have so many blessing to count and give thanks for. Start to count your and you will probably agree.
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!