Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Same or different

I have been blessed with 2 beautiful granddaughters. They couldn't be more different. One is a beautiful strawberry blonde with crystal blue eyes. The other has red hair and hazel eyes. One is creative, she can take tape and a piece of paper and make a portrait of her Nana. The other one tells you what to say when you are playing with her.{bit on the bossy side, you bet} One of them is a dreamer, but there is not a thing that she doesn't notice when she comes for a visit. "Is that new candy in the dish Nana?" Or "When did you get that new tablecloth?" The other one will have conversations that are about her. "Did you see my new tooth?" " I am dressed pretty today."

They are from the same family and oh so different. Do I love them differently? Yes. Does that sound scandalous? Well, this is what I mean, I love them both equally but the character of each thrills me in different ways. One of them keeps me laughing and how I love and need to laugh. [don't we all need to laugh more?] The other one longs to do the things I love to do. She wants to learn how to sew, crochet, and make crafts. [who wouldn't love a child like this?]

Made me think of God. We are all from the same family, human. Does God love us differently? Maybe. Perhaps just I love my grandchildren differently he loves us differently. He created you just so you could bring him glory.  I am sure we are different you and I, but we were both meant to bring our Father glory and praise and joy. You can bring it one way, like the granddaughter that longs to do creative things, or you can be like the other granddaughter that makes me smile. Just know this without a doubt God adores his children. He longs to be with you and enjoy each moment of your life. Perhaps you can make him smile today, just be who He created you to be!

But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

2 comments:

  1. Miss you and your wisdom :) ...Halli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful insight!!! I wouldn't expect anything less from you, my friend! I think of you so often! I also have two very different "grands". My granddaughter is a quiet thinker, a little engineer in the making, always inventing, designing, building interesting items. She keeps her emotions under check and has a very big personal space. She has an amazing math mind, like her daddy. My grandson, on the other hand, is the comedian. He has a wicked wit and a bit of a fiery personality. He is the ultimate boy, always on the move and dreaming of superhero adventures. He has loved words and language from the time he could toddle up to anything in the house that had writing on it and point out every letter. Just shows me Gods creative power. Everyone of us is here for a purpose and has a place in God's great design. Love you, Miss you, Tammie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!