Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Freedom from Perfection

As I grow older and look back at my life I sigh and struggle with all the mistakes made, bad judgments , things left undone, things never said and now are to late, in a word not Perfect.

I could struggle with the weight of the failures. I could sit in a blue funk and never move. I could put on a happy face to try and fool those around. None of these are the path I have chosen.

Holley has asked how we have moved to the freedom of perfection, these are the ways I have chosen.

I have run to God and asked his forgiveness for all of what I see and don't like, in other words my sins. He is so merciful and reminds me that I am forgiven. Easter is such a wonderful reminder of God's great and steadfast love for me and for you.

He also reminds me that he knows me and he knows my heart and he adores me.[did you know he adores you also?]

I also have a wonderful friend that listens without judgment. She always points me back to God's word with such a gentle and loving spirit. We all need someone that listens and offers a loving shoulder to lean on.

I think that one of the greatest verses in the Bible is this one:

                                                                     1 Peter 5:7
                                  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 
 
This verse says I don't have to be perfect. I can give all the mistakes,  bad judgments, things that are now to late to say, to God because he cares for me. He loves me and doesn't want perfection just my best. He is the only perfect one and that is great to remember.
 
http://holleygerth.com/call-for-backup/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!