Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Are You Hitched to the Wrong Wagon?





This is a picture of a yoke. It is used to put two animals together so that the load that is being hauled will be lighter for the animals and easier to pull. It also keeps the two animals going in the same direction.

Matthew 11:29

 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

I used to dislike reading the first part of the above verse. I just wanted to find that rest for my weary soul. You too? I was hoping for an easy way to that rest.

As I started to read it more carefully I had to envision the yoke. I knew what it looked like with two oxen where the holes were and how they seemed to be plodding along in the field with some sort of wagon or plow behind them and that did not look too restful. Not something I wanted to get involved in to find that much needed rest.

But as I reread the first part again, Jesus is talking to us and he is in the one open hole, waiting for someone to join him in the other. {I was wondering what yoke He was in?} Then I pictured my head in the open hole with Jesus in the other one. Instead of trying to do life on my own with my own strength I was now paired with the King of kings and the Creator of all things as my partner!

He is now teaching me his ways of gentleness and humility and I am using His strength to walk through each day. It is  so amazing! How could I have missed this invitation to be hitched to Jesus and walk through the most difficult of days and never have to do life alone? Each morning I "hitch up" in the yoke with Jesus and we go through each day and His strength is all I seem to need. 

Are you doing life on your own? "Hitch" your life to the only one that has the strength to see  you through and never gets weary. Now this is something to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!