Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
 
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

This is a hard season in my life. Trust is as hard to come by as "hen's teeth" as my mom would have said. Have you been at this address? hmmm.

I needed to make sure that I understood the meaning of trust so I checked it out.
    a. reliance on the integrity, strength, and ability of a person
    b. confident expectation

Well, if I plug that into the verse in Proverbs it tells me to rely on the integrity, strength, and ability of the LORD with everything I have. Don't rely on what I am understanding of the situation. In every situation, every turn of events, I am to give it all to the LORD and he will make this crooked lane straight.

I need to start each day with confident expectations that the One that is leading me knows where we are going and He has the strength to get me there.

I can see the child on the edge of the pool and the father in the pool with outstretched arms gently telling her to jump he will catch her. The thoughts of that little girl rush across her face. Fear,great and scary thoughts of plunging into the water that is over her head and the thought of never coming up again. [shiver] But then in the next moment you see her little face staring into the eyes of her loving father with his hands outstretched and a new expression lights up her face just before she jumps into those strong waiting arms, TRUST!

I feel like that little girl on the edge of the pool. My Father has his strong arms open and he calls my name and says he will catch me. All I have to do is choose to trust him. I have a choice, stay here on the deck of the pool or jump with abandon and let those strong arms catch me and make this "path straight." I think I will jump, are you able to jump into his waiting arms also? 

Choose to trust!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!