Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fear!

Fear. I don't think you even need a God-sized dream to have encountered it.


As I have been struggling with knowing exactly what my God-sized dream is and not hearing a thing from God, fear starts to creep in. Am I the only one that doesn't have a God-sized dream yet? Is it because of some sin that God is so quiet? Should I make up something so I am like everyone else?

As I look at the above I realize just what it is, fear. Fear of not belonging. Fear of  losing God's love. Fear of not being like all the others. What a horrible, crippling thing fear can be. It also has a multiplying effect if you let it continue unchecked. It can grow until you find you can't catch your next breath. There is only one way that I know of dealing with fear, run, don't walk to the arms of God.

I have had such anticipation about hearing from God about my very own God-sized dream but the longer I go the harder it is to wait, I seem to be a person that wants to take action. Perhaps my God-sized dream is learning to sit and wait on God. When I saw the blog that we were supposed to do on fear it hit me. I was starting to panic and fear was creeping in.

God is so good and knows me so well he had my wonderful encourager send me an email that was perfect. She sent me this scripture and said it was so uplifting for her she had to share.

Psalm 27:13-14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.
 
 
It was exactly what I needed to read and take into my heart. The Bible is so full of wonderful words that can  help us to not fear but seek the comfort of God's protection. No one knows you like your Father! My advice is if you are fearful ask God to help and then read His love letters to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie, Love this! These verses are 2 of my favorites....have kept me standing during many "waiting" periods.
    When my knees start shaking and/or I begin to think I didn't heear Him correctly..He whispers to my heart -
    I go before you, behind you, I'm beside you - and when you you cant take another step I lift my arms from beneath you and carry you!
    Oh sister, what a joy to know - He walks with us.
    Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!