Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Be Careful What You Ask For

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? Psalm 56:3-4

Okay, yes I have been asking God to use me and wandering how He could possibly use someone that isn't able to get around so well any  more. I was sure the missionary journey to Africa was out so I was safe in asking to be used, right?

God is so awesome and has a wonderful sense of humor.

I was in Bible study last week and happy to just be a participant. The leader was asking for prayer as she was traveling to see a friend in need. No problem! Easy peasy! Then in a flash she turned to me and said would I lead the group next week? What? Could you repeat that as my eyes became as big as the desert dishes that were on the table. Surely there is someone else that is much more qualified than I! The lady that usually does it was on a camping trip so she wasn't there for me to turn to and say, "I know she will do a better job." By this time the other ladies are saying, "you'll do fine!" Well, I know why they were saying that because it wasn't them that was on the hotseat!

What could  I do? I said ok!

Have you ever asked God to use you and when He says Ok I am ready to use you, you come up with all the reasons you can't do it today? Well, I have spent the last week doing exactly that. I finally got down to business,{very early this morning}and prepared all I could find that was extra. Then I remember the lesson is on how Paul shared so long that a man fell asleep and fell out of the window and died! {there is God with his humor again} It all turned out well for Paul just in case you were worried.

I finally have settled down after reading the above verses and figure all the ladies can do is never ask me again to lead the group. God and I will do what he has lead me to share and that will be enough.

Just ask for your prayers today. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!