Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This Little Light

12 Later, in one of his talks, Jesus said to the people, “I am the Light of the world. So if you follow me, you won’t be stumbling through the darkness, for living light will flood your path.”

John 8:12 Living Bible (TLB)





"Turn on the light I can't see a thing."
"The light bulb just came on! I get it."
"The lighthouse will lead the ship to safety."


All of the above statements talk about light and how it leads the way. I remember a night when the school where I was working had all the parking lot lights and all the lights of the building shut off as they were have an astronomy group and their telescopes at the school. The children were so excited to be able to look at the stars. However, telescopes don't work too well if there is light on around them. Thus lights off. Well, I had to leave the event early my husband was going to pick me up in the parking lot.{the one with the lights off!} I was running a bit later than when I said I would meet him so I was walking very quickly. Very sure I remembered what all was where, I picked up my pace. I was sure there was a picnic table close to where I was. So I saw it in the dim light and hurried to sit down and look like I had been there for a while waiting for my husband.{just goes to show pride is not all it is cut out to be} I did not however remember seeing a cement slab about 6 inches under the picnic table. I tripped, not seeing the rise in the darkness and went head long into the table and the corner of the cement. I immediately felt that warm sticky stuff on my arms, and legs and saw some stars that no one would be seeing on their telescopes. My arms and legs still tell the tale with the scars I carry around to prove how silly I was and how we need a light in dark places.


This week has been a "dark" time in the lives of our family. An extended member was murdered. It seems like bad things happen in the dark. Just like my fall, this happened at night also. The only thing that makes any sense in all of this is that God is in control. None of this took Him by surprise. He is the light and in Him is no darkness. Should I run to dark thoughts, or run to the comfort of the Light. I guess we all have to choose which direction we will go. I know from first hand experience that the dark only leads to more pain.{I have the scars to prove it} I think I will choose the Light, the One who sees all clearly, even when all I can see is that darkness. There is comfort in being able to see clearly. I can run and not trip over "landmines" that are just waiting to bring me down.

Which way are you choosing in your life? I know that I am not alone in going through dark times.Are you willing to trip and fall in the dark or will you turn to the Light and be drawn into the safety that is offered there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!