Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What a Day!

What a day and it is only just beginning!
  1. Internet is driving me crazy!
  2. Pop ups are every where
  3. Can't make my virus protection work
  4. My online Bible is not working properly
  5. etc
  6. etc
Have you ever started a day like this? Everything seems to be going wrong and the day has just started. You want to pull out your hair or scream into the quiet of the morning! What is happening? I got up with a positive attitude and it all went to pot the second the toothpaste lid fell into the toilet. {yep that was the beginning of this day.}

I persevered and finished my Bible reading for the day. But I can't tell you that I got much out of it. I prayed but felt like a nag to God's ears. {even my ears weren't happy with all that was said!} If I thought it would do any good I would go back to bed and try to start this day over again.

Have you ever had a day like this? How did you continue? Did the day escalate until you were so weary you just threw up your hands and quit?

I have done all these things before and my hair is very sparse to show the hair pulling doesn't work.
I think today I will do something new. I think I will just sit and think of all the things I am thankful for and tell God.

  1. For grandchildren that grab your face to give you a proper kiss
  2. For a husband that fixes the credit card that the teller stapled {don't ask}
  3. For a God that can handle my frustration and still love me
  4. For the day that lays ahead unused yet
  5. For forgiveness
  6. For a calm spirit
  7. For friends
  8. For Bible Study that is coming up tonight
  9. For salvation
  10. For God reminding me I am his Beloved
 Yes I do believe thanks is the answer to this day that didn't start out so hot. I need to go and thank God for so many more things.

1 Chronicles 16:34
New International Version (NIV)
34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!