Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You Are Not Alone

I have a sweet granddaughter that is growing up too fast. She is going through a time when the dark frightens her. Guess we have all been there. I remember the basement in our house being the most frightening place on the planet. It was ok during the day, but night was a whole different story. I could have been in the Olympics track and field with the speed I was able to achieve getting down the stairs and back up them at night when I was asked to retrieve something from the basement!

My granddaughter has a new game she likes to play, called Hide and Scare. {when I played the game it was called hide and seek} We went to visit this past weekend and she asked me if I wanted to play said game. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my daughter shaking her head no. I changed the subject and we did something else. Later I asked my daughter why I didn't want to play Hide and Scare. She informed me that every time my granddaughter tries to play the game she ends up crying. What! Why would anyone want to play a game that made them cry or scare them? Sure enough her cousin arrived later and we heard her ask her cousin if she wanted to play Hide and Scare. {she wasn't close enough to my daughter to see  her shake her head no}The game began and it lasted a total of 1 minute before we heard her scream out and begin to cry.{well, check that off the list of games to play with her!}

It got me thinking about today's prompt of not being alone. Have you ever felt so alone that it was scary? Have you gone through a time when you were sure that no one on the planet has felt like you were feeling at that moment? Have you been in a place filled with people and felt invisible?

I want you to know that God has promised you that he will never leave you or forsake you! I also want you to know that the things you are going through, that you feel like no one else has ever gone through, is more than likely not true. You can reach out to God and He will calm your frayed nerves, or comfort the aching in your heart. He has also placed others in your life that are waiting to be asked to come alongside you {as they have been in your shoes}. Sometimes we need to have someone give us a hug or tell us that God has this in hand. He even tells us in His love letters to us:

Deuteronomy 31:8

 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

If  the Lord goes before you and he is with you, that means you ARE NEVER ALONE! Think on this and keep it in your heart.
http://holleygerth.com/category/coffee-for-your-heart/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!