Thursday, September 17, 2015

I'm Losing my Appetite!

I just love the way my, just a day ago, 6 year old granddaughter has a way with words. She is now in Kindergarten and when she and her sister come home from school they are hungry. [School and all that work you know!]
My daughter picks them up from her job. They always race into the house. They go UP the stairs and get ready for their after school snack. My daughter made the mistake of coming  DOWN the stairs to check on me. [just had surgery last week] We were talking about our day when I hear this voice that is not very happy we are talking, tell her mom, " I'm losing my appetite.". I had to send my daughter UP the stairs to make sure that little girl didn't "lose her appetite." I was giggling and smiling all the way to bed. What a trip!

As I was doing my Bible study today in Luke 8:40-48 I started to think of people that were "losing their appetite" with Jesus. They had been waiting for him to return on his boat trip across the lake. There were so many people there that it says they almost crushed him. What had whet their appetite? Were they looking for that healing touch that he had done in so many towns before? Did they want him to personally touch them for something specific? All the crush and shove and he is asking about someone touching him. He is kidding right? It had to be like a rock concert at the entry way. Then he stops to talk to a WOMAN! Come on Jesus "I'm losing my appetite here".

Is this the way we approach Jesus? We have a need, job, financial, sickness, [put that need of yours here] and we start the crush. We need an answer right now and if not do we "lose our appetite"? Do we start to doubt? Do we decide we need to take care of things ourselves?

We need to remember what 2 Corinthians 9:8 tells us

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

God is making sure you have all you need so you don't "lose  your appetite". Keep your eyes on Him and not your situation, He is more than able. He adores you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!