Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Under Cover

Have you ever felt you were an undercover agent? Recently that is exactly what I have felt like. I have not gone so far as to use my "shoe phone" yet. {if you don't know what that is you are too young, just enjoy the thought} I have been reading a lot lately about people that are standing up for what they believe. They are paying such a great price for their stand. Some have been whisked  away from their families, others are in prison and the worst was a whole church full of people were shot at and many died. I also am reading and doing a study on Paul. He was just about torn apart for speaking about what happened to him when he came face to face with Jesus. {No wonder I am practicing the undercover agent thing!}

Then I read another article asking if people can recognize what I stand for? Well of course, or maybe, perhaps not. What a terrible realization on my part. I grew up where my grandmother hit you over the head with a two by four when you first walked into her life, asking " Are you saved?" I swore that I would never badger people like that. So I went the exact opposite and made people guess where I was coming from. Two extremes neither one the preferred approach.

Now as I look at who I am and what it looks like to those on the outside I am not very well convinced I have the right approach still. I profess to be a Christian but would you know it if I didn't tell you? Perhaps, just perhaps,I am worrying about what the outside it saying, or what people think instead of what my love of the Savior looks like. The great thing about God {well one great thing} is that He is doing the work. He is making the changes in me. He adores me enough to put up with my imperfections {undercover agent}and gently corrects my walk and my talk. He knows my heart. He knows my thoughts. He is leading me the way I should be going. Doesn't that take a load off? It does for me. I don't have to be like the world thinks I should be! I can be exactly who God made me to be. What a relief! What a God!

Are you trying to be someone you are not or are you relaxing and being just who God created you to be?
 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!