Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kiss and Make Up

After spending some time with a four year old and a seven year old there are so many life lessons to observe. The two sister get along well for the most part. They were watching a kid friendly movie and all was fun and happy times, then for no apparent reason, the very short and feisty red head let the much bigger much gentler sister have it. This was followed by a bellow {don't think the hit was quite as bad as the blood curdling scream} and then the voice of reason {Dad} told them to both go to their bedrooms as no one wanted to take responsibility. Well, that led to crying and carrying on by both girls. Not a minute later the battered darling came to the top of the stairs and said she was sorry and could she continue to watch the movie. Not to be out done the perpetrator, {the feisty red-head} also appeared at the stairs right beside her sister and also wanted to continue watching. Dad said if they could they give each other a hug and say they were sorry the movie was still on. If you weren't watching you would have missed the hug and the words "sorry" uttered by both girls, who then quickly went back to watching their movie.

This little scenario was brought home to me the very next day with a cast of characters that were a bit larger. I was having one of those days were I was a bit out of sorts but not any real reason that I could put my finger on. I just didn't seem to want to talk or be talked to. {ever had a day like that? They can get you into trouble faster than you think} I wasn't really paying attention to some words of wisdom that my husband was expounding and wouldn't you know it, it required an answer! He waited for me to give my response but none came and that brought something like the bellow I had heard from the girls. I just pouted and got very quiet. {you shouldn't be able to get into trouble being quiet should you?} Wrong! Then it seemed to become a trial to see who could be the quietest for the longest. {Where was the voice of reason?}

Good news! We worked it out without going to our bedroom. We apologized and had dinner and a pretty good evening together. I think Dad {ABBA} was the voice of reason. His words in James were there for me in the morning for my Bible reading.

Trials and Temptations

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


I am still a work in progress and I am learning to count things like this pure joy. I don't want to lack anything and I really want to preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!