Wednesday, May 27, 2015

We Have to Talk.


Dear Guilt,

I know we have spent a great deal of time together lately, and you are sure you're the only thing that matters to me, but we need to talk and you need to listen.

You have been telling me lies! Things like, "you will never be able to offer anyone anything because you are such a failure as a woman and a mother." Or how about this lie, " you have no worth in life you might as well just give up."? Then there was this one,"if people knew the real you they would turn away from you and know just what kind of Christian you really are." "How do you think you can represent Christ with the life you've lived?" 

I thought you were my friend. We spent so many lonely hours together. You had me agreeing with all that you were telling me. But you know what? I have had someone else come into my life and the words are so different and so kind. Not the hateful and self-loathing ones you have been leading me to believe were the truth.

The name is Grace. Even the name is beautiful. Grace has been telling me so many things and I am choosing to believe all the things that are being said. Like this from Hebrews 4:16,

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Grace is telling me that Christ has forgiven me and I can go on with my life without the condemnation that you, Guilt, have been shoving down my throat. I am choosing to believe God will carry me through all this and use these struggles to bring glory to His name. 

I am reminded by Grace that:
The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 
Daniel 9:9
I will not live my life in fear because you continue to tell me I am not good enough.  Grace has been telling me so many wonderful things like:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
My favorite words that Grace has told me are these,

Psalm 18:18-19Living Bible 

 On the day when I was weakest, they attacked. But the Lord held me steady.  He led me to a place of safety, for he delights in me.
So Guilt I am leaving you and not turning back because I choose to listen to God and  his Grace and believe the truth, not your lies any longer. If I should slip up I won't be calling you! I will run to the throne and seek forgiveness at once and then live on the promises of God.
Sincerely,
Daughter of the King
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yahweh's Pearl. Leave your comments and let me know what you think about the posting. See you next Wednesday, God loves you!